NYMAS compliant washroom specialists speak to trade counter and plumbing supply branch clients every day. This means we have a vital opportunity to understand and support Doc M sales performance among our valued clients at the ‘coal face’.
That’s why we asked one of our Internal Sales Managers to explain what trade sellers are doing to adapt to the current challenges.
She explained that many branches are finding that Doc M products are performing particularly well if two pieces of advice are applied as much as is possible.
She outlined her first piece of advice for merchants: “NYMAS clients who can bring in customers working on commercial, as opposed to domestic, projects are seeing particularly good demand for accessible washroom products.
“Factors like location, of course, impact on this but ultimately many sites are still open with steady interest from sole trader-type tradespeople working on commercial jobs.
Things making a difference are simple steps like asking customers what they are working on, always keeping in mind that it isn’t just large companies who do commercial work as well as reminding them that accessibility products are available in branch. Meanwhile it pays to raise awareness among colleagues that Doc M and accessibility products are needed in all kinds of places likes gyms, churches, schools, camp sites and community centres. It is a lucrative sector reaching far beyond care settings”.
Coffee Break Checklist
This Doc M checklist can help make sure your branch is leveraging the available opportunities, and support, to help sell Doc M products…
• 1, Asking: Speaking to tradespeople in branch about their project means a chance to find out if there’s an opportunity for Doc M sales.
If they are working on a commercial or public access building at least one Doc M washroom will be a compliance requirement.
• 2, Awareness: Are newer staff fully up to speed with basic Doc M essentials and the range of products available?
If not, simply ask your NYMAS account manager to help and support.
• 3, Stocking: Holding Doc M packs in branch means a chance to proactively offer products to customers.
Many buyers appreciate the reassurance of knowing that the ‘compliance in a box’ packs mean their regulatory requirements are covered.
• 4, Prompting: Brochures can remind customers of both their Doc M requirement and that you can meet their needs.
Marketing materials can also help make buyers aware of the latest finishes and features.
• 5, Supplier support: Branches who break through their targets for Doc M tend to use every supplier resource available.
Your NYMAS account manager can help with pricing, technical info, availability, custom Doc M packs to any RAL colour and much more.
If you aren’t benefiting from all the support mentioned here, simply contact us to find out how NYMAS can help.